maandag 8 januari 2018

Dj Bert & Eagle - I AM YOUR MASTER



It may surprise you, but this record hasn't been made on a synthesiser. In the late seventies they didn't really exist yet, and the ones that existed were too expensive. I wanted to make some kind of horror record because all things hereafter have always been one of my many obsessions. I had been borrowing loads of church organ music from the library for quite a while already, and I loved Vincent Price and doing weird voices, so it all came together on these tracks. 'I am your master' was inspired by a particular Dracula movie I had just seen at the time. The count was travelling from an island to the mainland, and there were shots of people behind bars in a psychiatry, with heaps of flies fleeing inside and the weather changing, and one of them said “The master is coming”. It all went from there. Cult Organ Horror originally released on 7". Made in Varsenare, West Flanders, Belgium. 12" Picture Sleeve + Linernotes on the back. Restored & Remastered. released July 3, 2017. http://stroom.tv

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Zarapaz - Es Ist Noch Keine Schere Vom Himmel Gefallen

Everything had been perfectly prepared: the sample had been rewound, the text perfectly memorized, but then the scissors fell from the sky....